The management of MU – Varna has done its best during the crisis situation of COVID-19 pandemic to ensure a sufficiently complete educational process and a normal ending of the academic year, without putting in danger the health and well-being of students and lecturers. In relation to the upcoming beginning of the new academic year, certain measures have been taken to adapt the training process to the specific epidemic circumstances, while avoiding face-to-face attendance of a large number of students during the training sessions and reducing the risk to your health. Nonetheless, the measures taken ensure that the knowledge and skills needed by students will be acquired in the course of the educational process..
Please note that according to the Higher Education Act and the Unified State Requirements for acquisition of a higher education in the medical specialties of the regulated professions, the education in these programmes shall be conducted in a full-time face-to-face format.
Regarding the beginning of academic year 2020/2021, we would like to notify you that based on the experience gained in e-Learning during the summer semester, letters by the Minister of Education and Science (entry № 001-79/17.03.2020 and entry № 001-117/16.04.2020), letters by the Minister of Health (entry № 002-10 /10.06.2020 and entry № 002-140/13.08.2020), orders by the Minister of Health (№ РД-01-487/31.08.2020 and РД-01-489/31.08.2020) and a Decision by the Academic Council of MU-Varna (Minutes №7/12.08.2020), an Order was issued № Р-100-498/03.09.2020 by the Rector of MU-Varna, which provides instructions on the organization of the educational process during academic year 2020/2021. According to this Order:
- The educational process in academic year 2020/2021shall be performed both in a face-to-face format and in an electronic environment through using means of information and communication technologies, in strict compliance with the approved schedules for the respective programme and the regulations issued by the Minister of Health.
- Lectures can be delivered wholly or partly in an electronic environment, at the discretion and proposal of the Departments, approved by the Dean of the Faculty/Director of the College/Affiliate.
- Seminars shall be conducted in a face-to-face format. However, at the proposal of the Departments, approved by the Dean of the Faculty/Director of the College/Affiliate, seminars can be conducted in an electronic environment in disciplines where this is possible, while ensuring a quality training process.
- At the proposal of the Departments, approved by the Dean of the Faculty/Director of the College/Affiliate, it is also allowed part of the practical classes in disciplines where practical training in a face-to-face/clinical environment is essential to be conducted in an electronic environment. The restructuring of the training material and determination of the thematic units, which are to be conducted in a face-to-face format or in an electronic environment, shall be performed in the respective Department/Training Sector, by the lecturers in charge of conducting the discipline. The Departments/Training Sectors shall prepare a schedule for face-to-face training and training in an electronic environment in compliance with the approved schedule of the educational process. The schedule shall be promptly announced to the students studying the respective discipline.
- Practical training (training practice and pre-graduation traineeship) shall be conducted in a face-to-face format, in compliance with all anti-epidemic measures introduced by respective orders issued by the Minister of Health and the Rector of MU-Varna.
- Provided there are objective reasons (closed borders, lack of flights, delayed visa, etc.) the student shall submit an application to the Dean of the respective Faculty, requesting a solution to the specific case.
The management of MU-Varna appeals to you to join your efforts and responsibility to the efforts and responsibility of your lecturers in this difficult situation and to be a part of the homogeneous body of our University that complying with all provisions issued by the Ministry of Health is absolutely determined to create a healthy professional generation of medical and health professionals.
A Successful Academic Year to Everyone of You!