IMPORTANT FOR THE STUDENTS EXCERPTS FROM THE ORDERS OF THE MINISTER OF HEALTH RELATED TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND THE DECLARED STATE OF EMERGENCY
(Orders up to 23rd March 2020, 23:00)
Excerpt from Order РД-01-124/13.03.2020
As of 11.03.2020 until 29.03.2020 the following anti-epidemic measures are introduced on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria:
- Visits to amusement and gambling halls, discos, bars, restaurants, fast food establishments, drinking establishments, coffee shops and large shopping malls shall be discontinued, with the exception of banking and insurance offices, grocery stores and pharmacies in them. Restaurants and fast food establishments are allowed deliveries to addresses in strict compliance with sanitary and hygiene requirements. All commercial activities not mentioned above continue to operate as they did until now, with strict adherance to sanitary and hygiene requirements.
- Classes and all extracurricular activities at schools, universities and other training institutions and organizations shall be discontinued. If possible, a distance learning form shall be established.
- All kinds of mass events, including sports, cultural, entertaining and scientific events (cinemas, theaters, concerts, museums, conferences, symposia, sports, SPA centers, gyms, etc.) are discontinued.
- The planned children and women consultations, preventive examinations, prophylactic immunizations, admission and carrying out of planned operative activity, including grafting of organs from living and corpse donors, as well as visits to all medical establishments are discontinued.
Excerpt from Order РД-01-127/16.03.2020
As of 00.00 on 18.03.2020 entry into the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria of persons arriving from the People’s Republic of China, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Bangladesh, the Republic of India, the Maldives, the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal, the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, the Kingdom of Spain, Italy, the Republic of Korea, North Korea (DPRK), the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, France, Germany, the Netherlands and Switzerland shall be temporarily prohibited, with the exception of Bulgarian citizens, members of the families of Bulgarian citizens and persons with permanent and long-term residence status within the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria, as well as their family members.
Excerpt from Order РД-01-129/16.03.2020
The following confirmed cases of COVID-19 are subject to home isolation and treatment:
а) asymptomatic persons (identified as contact or in the course of epidemiological studies);
- b) persons with mild clinical complaints (body temperature <38°C, cough, malaise, runny nose, sore throat, gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea, without changes in the mental status (i.e. confusion or lethargy) and without accompanying chronic diseases or immunocompromising conditions, etc.
Excerpt from Order РД-01-130/17.03.2020
- All Bulgarian citizens and nationals of other countries with permanent, long-term or continuous residence on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria and members of their families, arriving from the People’s Republic of China, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Bangladesh, the Republic of India, the Republic of Maldives, the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal , the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, the Kingdom of Spain, Italy, the Republic of Korea, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, France, the Federal Republic of Germany, the Kingdom of the Netherlands and Switzerland shall be quarantined for 14 days at home or other accommodation, in which the person has indicated that he or she will reside as prescribed by border health control authorities.
- General practitioners carry out medical observation for a 14-day period of quarantined persons on their patient lists.
- Non-nationals shall be monitored for a 14-day period by the medical establishment, whereby the respective accommodation unit has a contract for providing medical care.
- All close contacts of a confirmed COVID-19 case, according to the current case definition, by prescription of the Regional Health Inspectorate, shall be quarantined at home or at another accommodation and shall undergo medical observation for a 14-day period from the last contact with the diseased.
- All quarantined persons shall be obliged not to leave their homes or accommodation where they have indicated that they will stay for the period specified in the prescription.
- If no symptoms of COVID-19 occur, as defined in the current case definition, until the expiration of the prescribed period, the quarantine shall be discontinued.
- When symptoms of COV1D-19 occur, as defined in the current case definition, persons are required to contact by phone their general practitioner, the healthcare facility serving the accommodation unit, or the relevant regional health inspection office, from where they can obtain instructions as appropriate.
Excerpt from Order РД-01-138/19.03.2020
- As of 00.00 on 20th March until 17.04.2020 inclusive, all third-country nationals at all border crossing points and with any means of transport, including aviation, maritime, rail and road are temporarily forbidden to enter the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria.
- The present prohibition does not refer to:
– health care professionals, health researchers, and elderly care professionals;
– persons travelling for humanitarian reasons;
– third-country nationals who hold a long-term residence permit in an EU Member State and pass through Bulgaria in order to return to the country, where they live and reside.
Excerpt from Order РД-01-143/20.03.2020
As of 00.00 on 21.03.2020 the following anti-epidemic measures shall be introduced on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria:
- Visits to parks, city gardens, sports and children playgrounds and facilities at indoor and outdoor public venues are discontinued.
- The bodies of the Ministry of Interior shall organize checkpoints at entry and exit routes of the district centers and verify the purpose of travelling of the citizens.
- 3. Passing through the checkpoints of the district centers is allowed for persons only in cases of emergency travel, employment requiring travelling to the settlement, health reasons of the traveller or his/her relatives, return to his/her current or permanent address. This shall be certified by an official note issued by the employer or an official document – ID card, medical document, identity document.
Persons up to (under) the age of 60 are forbidden to visit grocery stores and pharmacies from 8.30am to 10.30am every day.
The measures are in force until explicitly repealed.
Excerpt from Order РД-01-144/22.03.2020 supplementing other Orders
As of 22nd March 2020 no consumption on site shall be allowed at fast food establishments and grocery stores on the territory of petrol stations.
Excerpt from Order РД-01-145/22.03.2020 supplementing Order РД-01-138/19.03.2020
Citizens of Turkey and the Republic of Northern Macedonia are allowed to transit through the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria for the purpose of returning to the country in which they live and reside.