Actions to take in case of COVID 19 cases – Instructions for students
(addendum to SAFETY RULES ON WORKING AND TRAINING AT THE UNIVERSITY AND PRECAUTIONS RELATING TO ACADEMIC YEAR 2020-2021 UNDER THECONDITIONS OF COVID-19 ON THE TERRITORY OF MEDICAL UNIVERSITY –VARNA)
If you were quarantined at home for being positive for COVID 19 or you think you have been in contact in a positive case
1.1. In case there is no change in your condition please maintain the rules of the quarantine.
1.2. If you are not feeling well, please contact the academic coordinator for your year or the Dean’s office, and find a way to reach The Clinic for Infectious Diseases. The Clinic for Infectious Diseases is located in the yard of St. Anna GPS: 43°12’51.3”N 27°55’07.6”E (https://goo.gl/maps/mVDkK6Vce4ECfkhD9 ) You may enter from General Kolev street! The building is on the right side with 3 floors.
1.1.A. If you can move on your own and you are living close to it get to the Infectious disease clinic by foot.
1.1.B. If your condition is severe and you cannot reach the Infectious Diseases Clinic easily, please contact your physician, general practitioner or call the European International Emergency Service Number 112! Say that you need help! Explain that you are a medical student, you are not feeling well and you are positive for COVID-19!
In case the operators do not speak English (very unlikely) the following statement says the same in Bulgarian:
“AZ SAM STUDENT PO MEDITSINA, POLOZHITELEN SAM ZA COVID I NE SYM DOBRE, NUZHDAJA SE OT POMOST”
When an ambulance arrives, ask the colleagues to bring you to the Infectious Diseases Clinic.
In any case DO NOT USE other means of transport such as public transport, taxis etc.
2. If you were in contact with a COVID 19-positive person chances are the epidemiological service was already notified. In any case please contact the academic coordinator for your year or the Dean’s office.
An epidemiologist will contact you and depending on the circumstances of your contact they will give you instructions for behavior. If you are contact is deemed as epidemiologically significant, you will be quarantined at home.
3. If you were in contact with another person, who was in contact (but is not positive) with a COVID 19-positive patient you will not be quarantined but let your course coordinator or the Dean’s office know.
4. If you suspect that you were in contact with a COVID 19-positive person or suspect that yourself is positive, please contact the Dean’s office, explain your suspicions, give them your current phone number and address and follow their instructions.
5. If you have complaints or receive a positive test result during the weekend or during the holidays, please contact the Dean’s Office and the university epidemiologist (Dr. Kolarova – email@example.com) by e-mail and the physicians on duty by telephone, according to the attached schedule.
6. For failure to comply with the prescribed quarantine measures, you are subject to criminal liability — a fine and a penalty, in accordance with the Normative Documents of the Republic of Bulgaria.
Contacts of Dean’s Office:
- Faculty of Medicine
- Phone: +359 52 677 087
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Faculty of Dental Medicine
- Phone: +359 52 677 202
- Email: Kavaklieva@mu-varna.bg
Contacts of the University epidemiologists:
- -Prof. Dr. Paunov – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assist. Professor Dr. Kolarova – Email: email@example.com
Schedule for physician in charge for the weekends and holidays:
|24.10.- 25.10.||Dr. Panayot Nikolov||Hygiene and Epidemiology||0888 799703|
|31.10.- 01.11.||Dr. Ilian Todorov||Infectious Diseases||0883 310376|
|07.11.- 08.11.||Dr. Miglena Kolarova||Hygiene and Epidemiology||0884 170 333|
|14.11. – 15.11.||Dr. Hikaru Iwata/|
Dr. Miglena Kolarova
|Hygiene and Epidemiology||0893528877/|
0884 170 333
|21.11.-22.11.||Dr. Hikaru Iwata||Hygiene and Epidemiology||0893528877|
|28.11-29.11||Dr. Dimitar Marinov||Hygiene and Epidemiology||0896 779770|
|05.12 -06.12||Dr. Veronika Gadzhovska||Infectious Diseases||0887 013953|
|12.12-13.12||Dr. Pavel Ivanov||Clinic of Pneumology||0888 553486|
|19.12-20.12||Dr. Nadezhda Ilieva||Clinic of Pneumology||0886 337413|